Position Title: Automation Technician
Location: Mendon, MI
Pay Range: $28-$33/hr.
Shift: 2nd, 3rd
Direct Hire – Full Time
- Perform troubleshooting of PLC control systems without requiring edits to the existing logic
- Design, control, and configure PLC systems
- Installation of control system components such as PLC's, vision cameras, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), motor Electronic, etc as directed by Controls Engineers
- Understanding of machine safety electrical circuits and components within Electronic systems
- Test malfunctioning equipment, discuss malfunction with other maintenance workers, such as Maintenance Machine Repair, to diagnose, direct and/or perform repairs
- Maintain and install all electrical systems at the facility
- Maintain a healthy working relationship with Electronic Technicians to improve overall skills and knowledge in the classification
- Troubleshoot and repair plant robotic systems
- Troubleshoot motors and basic motor control systems
- Troubleshoot and replace faulty electrical/electronic components of plant equipment
- Read and understand basic electrical prints
- Reference and apply the codes of the NEC
- Maintain a high quality of workmanship throughout projects and repairs
- Ability to read, write and speak English effectively along with basic mathematical skills required.
- Must have a High School education or equivalent
- Must have 8 years documented experience as an electrician in a manufacturing setting.