Pay: This is a salaried role. $100-$130k
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The AME is responsible to complete all the advance manufacturing deliverable for a program to develop and launch the manufacturing process.
Development of manufacturing processes by completing detailed engineering analysis of design for assembly
Logistics and contingency planning.
Process flow, Process labor planning & line balance.
Material flow and lineside presentation, Plant layout, Ergonomic analysis and Visual management.
Process failure mode and effect analysis
Production equipment & tooling specification, purchase and acceptance
Validation of manufacturing process to meet labor targets, production output and quality standards
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical preferred)
Minimum 5 years of industry experience – automotive interiors experience preferred.
Experience with automotive seating products desired.
Technical skills and understanding needed:
• PFMEA development
• MODapts or equivalent training/certification
• Direct and indirect labor analysis and planning
• Equipment specification, ordering, run-off, installation and qualification
• Capital equipment budget planning and tracking
• Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications
• Ability to draw two dimensional layouts in CAD software
• Analytical problem solving
• Design for assembly and manufacturing
• Project management – plan development and execution