Shift: 2nd Shift
- Studies blueprints of die and product, die models, templates, and prototype parts and visualizes shape, mechanical structure, and operation of die.
- Computes dimensions, plans machining, layout, and assembly operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining by other workers.
- Set up and operates machine tools such as lathe, milling machine, radial drill press, shaper, and grinder to machine parts to specifications, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions, clearances, and alignment of members and parts in die.
- Fits and assembles cam operated mechanisms for lateral movement of part of die.
- Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electric and hydraulic components.