Website Talent Strategy
2nd and 3rd shift open
The wage rate is $31.50/hour. set by the UAW Union. 2nd and 3rd shift is eligible for a shift premium of 0.50 cent/hour.
Must be working on specs. lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges and machinist's hand tools by performing the following duties.
- Develop, maintain and upgrade fixtures and gages.
- Perform general fixture and gage maintenance.
- Demonstrates good short and long term decision making in the following:
- Press Room & Hot Stamp Troubleshooting
- Problem Identification and Solution
- Tool Room Repair and Maintenance Work and
- Tool Room Machining Practices
- Promotes teamwork and displays a willingness to work with others.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Determine specifications for inspection of work, using full range of precision measuring and gauging tools to perform inspection before, during and after machining.
- Performs extensive die maintenance such as rebuilding die sections, retrimming pads and forms and engineering changes on all types of dies.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, blanchard and surface grinder to machine parts and verify conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
- Smooths flat and contoured surfaces to fit and assemble parts together into assemblies and mechanisms.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments and clearances.
- Hand or spot grind Iron to Iron and Metal Out.
- Heat treats tools or parts.