Position Title: Sewing Associate
Location: South Haven, MI
Pay Range: $15.00/hr + $1.50/hr shift premium ($16.50/hour total)
Shift: 2nd Shift (4:00pm – 2:00am)
Contract or direct hire: 4 month contract to hire
Drug screen/background: no/no
Benefits: (Start 1st of month after being hired on)
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental Vision
- 401K with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Accurately measure and cut all material for tarps
- Read and interpret drawings for custom tarp designs
- Sew all regular and custom tarps; integrate webbing and reinforcement to tarp as required
- Accurately track daily sewing workload
- Add labels, grommets, and other accessories to tarps
- Deliver finished tarp to shipping
- Other related duties as assigned
- Ability to read, write, perform simple arithmetic, and measure accurately
- Knowledge of materials
- Attention to detail
- Ability to understand and maintain quality, safety, and/or infection standards
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate channels
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Operating machinery and/or power tools.
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 50 pounds in all directions
- Travel required 0% of the time