Website Talent Strategy
Senior Product Manager
Product Manager at Mutually Human is an essential role in the delivery of successful software. Whether a client is building a new product for their customers or a tool to help their internal processes run more efficiently, a Product Manager is someone that is passionate about helping clients define and create software solutions that help them meet their business goals.
The Senior Product Manager, Team Lead is someone that is not only focused on their own individual contributions, but is also mentoring and leading other product managers.
Discover and understand business and project goals
- Partner with the Mutually Human strategy team and client stakeholders to understand client’s domain, business goals, and user needs.
- Partner with the Mutually Human strategy team and client stakeholders to plan and perform user research, user testing, market research, and other discovery methods needed.
- Capture known requirements, risks, and assumptions to ensure clear project expectations are set.
Product planning and prioritization
- Partner with the Mutually Human strategy team and client stakeholders to create a story map including long term vision, key milestones, and next phase strategy.
- Partner with the Mutually Human strategy team and client stakeholders to outline goals for the upcoming phase of work.
- Work with the development team to get estimates for phase, and partner with the strategy team to work in order to set clear expectations of what the client can expect to be complete in the next phase.
- Create, prioritize, and maintain a backlog of user stories, with detailed acceptance criteria. Work with designer(s) to create visual assets needed. Sheppard the story through the process.
- Plan and lead internal weekly status and planning meetings (IPM) with the design and development team.
Manage iterative development progress
- Lead iterative development process (agile) and continue to look for opportunities to improve efficiency based on individual project needs
- Plan and lead weekly client meetings including demoing completed work, working with the designer to present design comps for upcoming work, and setting clear expectations with the client.
- Work with client stakeholders and Mutually Human team to define product milestones and key success metrics.
- Continuously track and deliver weekly reports to Mutually Human team and client stakeholders regarding project timing and budget progress.
- Repriotize plan as needed based on remaining time and budget for project. Managing client expectations is a priority. At Mutually Human, our promise to our clients is “Clear expectations. No surprises.”
Lead testing and approval process
- Test features and manage the client approval process. Evaluate if design and functional acceptance criteria is met. Ensure all stakeholders (internal and client) have reviewed. Collect and provide feedback to the developer.
- Collect and prioritize incoming bug reports.
- Coordinate and schedule all key client meetings including project kickoffs, backlog grooming, IPMs, retros, etc.
- Identify project risks and barriers and work with client and/or Mutually Human team members to mitigate them.
Key Skills Needed
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Communication and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines including client stakeholders, designers, developers, sales executives, etc.
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
Desired Education and experience
- A Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university.
- 3+ years product management experience