Website Talent Strategy
Position Title: Sr. Process Technician
Location: Muskegon, MI
- Schedule the team for the shift.
- Responsible for safety and safety training on their shift within their team. This includes managing real time safety daily amongst their team, safety improvement initiatives and completing incident reporting when and where applicable.
- Lead, mentor and train the technical team (utility apprentice, die setter, process technician) on current and applicable areas in molding.
- Work towards achieving production metric goals utilizing GEMBA boards and PDCA process: mold scrap, mold downtime, mold technical labor and mold change time.
- Identify training gaps and act upon them with actions and training plans.
- Conduct real time on the floor auditing as needed or requested by the mold technical manager.
- Manage and complete continuous improvement activity and document the cost savings appropriately.
- Complete end of shift reporting and send via email to the management and senior leadership team. The end of shift reporting is to include: completed mold change schedule, special notes and downtime dashboard inputs for top downtime events for the shift.
- Responsible for the management and review processes for their direct reports.
- Attend and/or run weekly technical staff meetings.
- Approve or deny vacation requests as needed and ensure a coverage plan is established.
- 3 or more years of injection molding experience in the automotive industry.
- 3 or more years of team management experience.
- 3 or more years of experience programming robotics, molding machinery and automation.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and to build a positive rapport with all levels of the organization and their teams (up, down and sideways).
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to listen attentively and actively.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.