Website Talent Strategy
Regional Sales Manager – Building Products, Southern USA
Reports to: Sales Director
Outstanding opportunity involving technical sales of products developed for industrial and commercial applications. As a leader in building structures, this employer is positioned for growth and building the team of people and systems to handle it.
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for technical and specification sales to design firms, contractors, and plant personnel within the territory. The position will be based out of a remote home office convenient for southern USA. It will involve 20-30% overnight travel annually.
The individual will be responsible for Direct sales of proprietary building and structural products to contractors, end users, and design firms. Involvement will extend through the specification, competitive bid and buying stage.
The Regional Sales Manager will be charged with these duties and responsibilities:
1. Address selling effort from design stage to project award.
2. Generate new opportunities through prospecting and promotional selling.
3. Develop material quantity estimates from bid plans and specifications.
4. Provide information to Sales Support for preparation of price and material quotations.
5. Work as a team member to develop conceptual designs and appropriate material selection.
6. Assist Customer Service and provide information to ensure efficient order processing and seamless communication between customers and employer.
7. Maintain current records on accounts and projects.
8. Develop annual, monthly, and weekly work plans.
9. Assist in annual, quarterly, and monthly sales forecast.
10. Assist with resolution of problems and service issues.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, traits, and experience:
1. Self-motivated with ability to work effectively and efficiently from remote office.
2. Preferred candidates will have sales experience with building or industrial products and/or B. S. Degree in Engineering or Building Construction field.
3. Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferably).