Pay: Starting at 50k
We are creative with miscellaneous metals.
We fabricate and install a wide variety of miscellaneous metals, including stairs as well as steel and glass hand rails for commercial and institutional buildings. We are one of the largest providers of stairs, rails, and architectural features for sports arenas. We also specialize in providing stairs and access structures for industrial processing facilities such as waste water treatment plants, pulp and paper manufacturing plants, chemical processing facilities, and power generating plants. In addition, we have the capability to design, fabricate and install composite components in highly corrosive environments.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities related to the procurement function.
- Designs, implements, manage, and monitor procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements.
- Recruit, research and maintain current suppliers.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Coordinates raw material shipments.
- Arrange for scrap disposal and pickup.
- Lead all purchasing initiatives.
- Purchasing of raw materials needed for projects within company budget.
Required Work Experience & Skills
- Experience with Tekla Software is a MUST for this position
- 2+ year degree in related field of study for purchasing. (Business, Finance, Supply Chain etc.)
- Experience managing Purchasing department.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Receive requisitions: analyze for quantity, specification, delivery, and general completeness. Develop competitive sources, seek pricing and delivery, select supplier and place order. Expedite as required.
- Using independent judgment and negotiation skills, search continually for improved value and/or less costly consumable, conversion and MRO supplies needed for production and operations at prices, quality, and inventory levels consistent with optimum operating income.
- Understand end use of assigned products with the purpose of developing alternative sources of supply, improving competitive position, while maintaining continuity of supply and consistent quality.
- Develop measurable annual cost reduction objectives and goals as a part of department and company business plans.
- Advise supervisor of market conditions and supplier base activity which could have material effect on prices or deliveries.
- Visit supplier plants to analyze facilities and capabilities.
- Use progressive purchasing techniques and methods.
- Negotiate supplier rejections/quality problems; advise reasons for actions and complete claim process in a prompt and professional manner.
- Communicate effectively, have good relations and a positive image with suppliers and co-workers.
- Analyze daily raw materials and consumable inventories, compare to production requirements and schedule deliveries of necessary materials to assure adequate inventories to meet production requirements.
- Oversees the negotiation of contracts for the company.
- Abides by all policies and procedures established by the Company including plant safety regulations and work rules.
- Must have ability and desire to work with others.