Pay: 18 to 21/hr.
Shift: 2:30pm –11:00pm.
Job Description: The Molded Products Division Technologies is a full-service supplier of interior and exterior injection molded plastic components and assemblies, providing innovative solutions for automotive plastics applications to original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers. .
The organization is strongly committed to investing in our employees, equipment, and processes to help promote continuous improvement, innovation, and opportunities in a technology-driven environment. Provides industry-competitive compensation and benefits along with an emphasis on health and wellness and involvement in our local communities.
The Process Technician/Mold Technician reports to the Production Manager and is responsible for completing mold changes to fulfill daily production schedules.
The ideal candidate for this position is a team-player and would be responsible for completing mold changes to fulfill daily production schedules in addition to:
- This position is responsible for establishing, implementing, and maintaining process parameters to ensure daily production schedules are met.
- Establish and maintain process requirements for new tryouts. Develop and implement training / upgrade schedule for mold technicians. Set-up and implement extended tryout processes.
- Develop and maintain customer / supplier quality and material requirements for current and tryout processes.
- Assist in new fixture and tooling implementation.
- Assist with process engineering needs and helping operators’ complete production metrics.
- Complete mold change and setup workstations as specified or required.
- Setup machine to process parameters from master setup sheet.
- Ensure that all production equipment safety guards are in place.
- Perform material changes as specifies or as required.
- Complete assigned paperwork as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Check production schedule for mold changes and priority sequence.
- Check and correct current process parameters to master monitor, and record
- Verify and maintain job cycle times.
- Verification and control of scrap and downtime.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned or required by the Supervisor
Required Work Experience & Skills
- Two-year (or higher) technical degree or equivalent work experience
- Two (2) or more years equivalent work experience
- Mold Setting experience is a must