- Prepare for approval and submit payroll with accurate amounts incorporating commissions, deductions, bonuses etc. for both internal employees and staffing using 3rd party software.
- Maintain employee database and enter data into payroll, administrative databases and software programs.
- Receive approval from management for payments outside of normal pay runs as needed.
- Administer commission statements monthly to internal employees electronically.
- Manage and process all garnishments for both internal and staffing employees.
- Manage, maintain and register in States as needed for payroll related taxes.
- Manage and maintain all payroll related tax deductions and assist in maintenance of employee benefits.
- Maintain and assist in changes to emloyee and staffing wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
- Address questions and resolve concerns related to payroll from employees, leadership, and staffing.
- Prepare reports for Management and Leadership related to payroll functions as needed.
- Maintaining accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions.
- Manage and assist in reconciliations related to payroll including quarterly reporting, year end work and annual audits.
- Preparing periodic payroll reports for review by management.
- Work directly with clients as related to staffing payroll.
- Additional projects/tasks as delegated from Management and the Leadership team.
Job Requirements and Skills
- 3-5 years' experience working in payroll or a similar role with experience using 3rd party payroll processing softwares.
- Proven experience in a payroll position in a fast-paced environment required
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices.
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field.
- Strong knowledge of tax and wage laws.
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software (e.g. iSolved, ADP, Paycor, etc.) and databases.
- Thorough attention to confidentiality and detail
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate proficientially with Accounting as related to Payroll.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- A degree in related Human Resources, Accounting, Business, or a related field preferred.
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Physically able to work seated in front of a computer for many hours at a time.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- We are a diverse and inclusive team who push ourselves and those around us to develop personally and professionally.
- At Talent Strategy, you can expect a dynamic and competitive work environment.
- Talent Strategy promotes almost exclusively from within. We want to provide a career path, not just a job.
Why Talent Strategy?
Talent Strategy is an executive search firm specializing in the Skilled Trades, Manufacturing, Banking, Information Technology, and Accounting & Finance industries. No one knows more about aligning top talent and organizational strategies than Talent Strategy. Having direct work experience in all our industries of focus, and over 50 years of combined professional search & recruiting experience, our recruiters are experts in their arena. It is our commitment to partner with the best and the brightest, not only the most readily available candidates on the market.
Our expertise and knowledge in each industry allows us to be an effective partner, and our clients continually choose Talent Strategy because of the outstanding caliber of candidates we recruit on their behalf.