Onsite Network Administrator
The IT Network Administrator will oversee and participate in all network operational activity, including network system administration, capacity planning, network performance, data, and network security as well as backup and restores.
- Oversees all network activity. 15%
- Troubleshoots problems and resolve issues. 15%
- Perform routine system maintenance and software updates. 15%
- Solves escalated support calls/tickets from the help desk in a timely fashion 15%
- Performs firewall installation, upgrade, and manages network security policies. 15%
- Performs systems administration and capacity planning. 10%
- Ensures network performance. 5%
- Provides data and network security. 5%
- Manages backup and restoration activity. 5%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) and Telecom.
- Experience with greenfield setup, configuration, and support of Cisco ASA firewalls
- Experience with Palo Alto Next-Generation Firewalls
- Experience with enterprise wireless network administration and deployment.
- In-depth network connectivity knowledge (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Ethernet) and related enterprise network routing architecture, including routing protocols: EIGRP, BGP, Layer 3.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to interact effectively with customers, vendors, and team members.
- Intermediate skills Microsoft Office Products.
- Circuit knowledge.
- Inventory logistics
- Cisco wireless management (configure and deploy wireless access points).
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours and weekends.
- Experience with capacity planning and performance monitoring techniques and tools.
- VoIP administration or deployment experience.
- Knowledge of network diagramming software.