Position: Mechanical Assembler
Pay: $22-$28 / hour
Shift: 1st Shift, 7:30am-4pm
Location: Lansing, MI
- Assemble advanced mechanical and production equipment.
- Experience using hand tools, power tools, and air tools.
- Perform basic wiring on electrical sub-assemblies.
- Trouble-shoot mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical problems on sub-assemblies and machine assembly.
- Installs machines in production plants.
- Read blueprints, bills of material, and various technical manuals as required.
- Understand and operate a production line system.
- Understand production machine operating cycles and controls.
- Aid the engineering team in the construction and testing of prototype equipment.
- Test and evaluate completed machines for quality and function.
- Perform simple modifications to parts or machines.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Willing to train apprentices with experience in plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, framing, auto mechanics, electronics, small engine repair, or residential/commercial electrical.
- Will train those with military background