Website Talent Strategy
- Provide assistance to Production department on all equipment and process issues.
- Support new product launches on equipment builds, AQPD and equipment validation.
- Develop equipment and processes for new products.
- Provide justification of capital equipment purchases.
- Lead and facilitate CI, improve OEE and process CPK.
- Continuously improves production methods including layouts, production flow, production equipment and metal removal processes.
- Measure, track and work to improve process performance.
- Address customer quality concerns through root cause analysis.
- Update routings and Bill of Materials in accordance with product specifications and established standards.
- Measure and track process performance to key metrics.
- Have the ability to perform detailed customer presentations
- Participate/Establish an environment and culture that promotes safety in the workplace.
- Provide appropriate support to ensure activities of the department are compliant with all applicable OSHA and TS requirements.
- Develop constructive relationships with vendors, contractors, consultants and governmental agency representatives as necessary.
- Meet budgetary goals for this function.
- Work with peers, superiors and subordinates to insure the development and execution of the department/operating plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Work Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field plus MS or MBA
- Minimum of 10 – 15 years’ experience in the process and industrial automation and controls industry.
- Prior engine competent experience a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Project Management, 2D & 3D CAM
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Knowledge – Required
- Industrial Automation and Process Controls.
- Familiar with PLC Programming
- Process/Value Stream Mapping
- Lean Background and/or TPD knowledge
- Creating and writing custom machine specifications
- Process flow charting, FMEA’s, control plans
- Knowledge – Preferred
- CNC or CAD/CAM programming, familiar with Fanuc CNC programming
- Process monitoring and control & data collection (Dashboard)
- Knowledge of CNC machinery
- Knowledge of Plasma Spray molybdenum
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with all functions of the organization
- Writing detailed machine specifications
- Development of work standards and work instructions
- Statistical analysis and problem solving
- Plant and work cell layout, process simulation and modeling
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and implement cost savings efforts and capital investment projects.