Website Talent Strategy
As a Machinist, your core responsibilities will be to set-up and operate a CNC lathe/mill to perform a variety of machining operations: edit programs, speeds and feeds; maintain and check dimensions to blue prints using a variety of precision measuring instruments. Improvise machine set-up to perform non-standard type of work. Work in a team-oriented environment to meet quality and efficiency goals.
- Review work order requirements and drawings, obtain fixtures and tools for preparation.
- Set up and operate CNC or manual lathes/mills to perform a variety of machining operations to trace complex profiles requiring changes in set-up, speeds, feeds and tool angles per engineering drawings to meet daily production requirements,
- Set up and operate manual lathes/mills to perform a variety of machining operations, i.e., perform single point threading per engineering drawings to meet daily production requirements.
- Edit programs, speeds and feeds
- Use manual tools to debur and degrease
- Set-up and/or operate various drills presses, punch press involving drilling, taping, reaming, and countersinking.
- Use jigs and fixtures, block or shim parts to level and align the irregular shaped parts.
- Check for concentricity, formed sections, steps or shoulder to close +/- tolerances of 0.001″ or less for faulty operation or defective material.
- Improvise machine set-up to perform non-standard type of work.
- Report any problems or difficulties to the supervisor.
- Maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly condition & 6S.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Contribute to a safety-enhanced culture.
- Able to set up and operate CNC machine
- Understand of G codes and M codes
- Able to read drawings and blueprints, calculate or determine dimensions not given.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to use measuring equipment, including caliber, micrometers, checking gauge etc.
- Data input skills / computer skills.
- PLC knowledge of controller to be able to edit programs.
- Knowledge of operating manual secondary equipment, drill press, saw, punch press, etc.
- Able to operate lathes and/or mills
- Knowledge of turning, facing and boring to hold tolerances +/- 0.001.
- EHS awareness
- Flexibility in shift times.
- Flexibility in working overtime.
- Physical ability to repetitively lift, stand, climb and bend, etc. within a manufacturing environment – may require lifting up to 50 lbs. Anything over 50 lbs. is with assistance