Position: Weld Engineer/Jointing Engineer
Pay: $90K to $110k depending on experience and education
Shift: Night shift, Sun-Thur. 6pm to 4:30am with occasional Fridays (Salary position with straight OT pay for anything beyond 50 hours of work)
Location: Chicago (Southeast)
! Direct Hire !
- Fast paced tier one automotive supplier.
- Stamping and assembly work.
- Metal work for OEM customers.
- Utilize your knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and alloys, and engineering principles to improve robotic welding processes.
- Responsible for overseeing the area for robotic welding, riveting and various screw machines and then jointing metal parts for customers.
- Responsible for controls systems that run the area as well as the Fanuc robots.
- Must have 5 or more years of experience in a mechanical technician or engineering role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or Weld Engineering preferred.
- Experience with FANUC robotics welding process including riveting, different types of adhesives, and screw fasteners is Strongly preferred.