Facilities Maintenance Technician – 1st Shift
Pay: $30 – $35/hr.
Shift: 1st Shift
- Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment.
- Pulls wiring through conduit, may be assisted by an electrician helper.
- Tests electrical circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components, using testing instruments, such as ohmmeter or voltmeter.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays, and circuit breaker panels with supervision.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit, using various tools.
- Performs scheduled and non-scheduled preventive maintenance on equipment and systems.
- Uses equipment manufacture's documentation and service specifications to calculate wire size, conduit size and current protection devices requirements.
- Purchases and verifies specifications of received electrical materials.
- Performs scheduled & non-scheduled preventive maintenance on equipment and systems.
Required Work Experience & Skills
- Understanding of electrical circuitry, and all related components.
- Following department safety rules regarding eye and ear protection, personal protection, hazard labeling, MSDS sheets, evacuation procedures etc.
- 5+ years in a facilities maintenance role (manufacturing)