The Field Maintenance Technician is the eyes and ears in the field, responsible for completing service tickets in a designated territory. A Technicians is to execute the work to the highest standards and display a high level of professionalism at all times.
The nature of our business also demands that each individual is flexible and cooperative with fellow employees and customers. We are a team and must perform as one. All policies and procedures, both organizational and otherwise must be followed to ensure proper and safe working conditions for every individual entering our business.
- Ensure that changes and problems get documented and communicated.
- Carry out assigned tasks and work orders with minimum direct supervision.
- Communicate with the office team and FOMs on open issues and progress of work assigned to oneself
- Successful execution of assigned programs/work orders as they relate to cost, quality, timing and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of assigned work area.
- Effectively document and communicate work required and executed out in the field.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including “on-call” availability
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of maintenance
- General Skill Set in the Following:
- Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Painting, Drywall Repair, and Flooring Repairs (highly proficient in one or several fields is highly preferred)
- High school diploma, or equivalent certification
- Related vocational education or certifications preferred
- Proficient computer and mobile phone skills (preferably iOS and Android)
- Intermediate proficiency reading assembly and blueprint drawings.
- Proven mechanical aptitude
- Proven ability to accept direction and complete tasks as assigned while working as part of a team or individually.
- Ability to provide own hand tools and toolbox suitable for the job (a list of those recommended will be provided).
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and transport a load up to 80 lbs.
- Capability to apply up to 200 pounds of torque
- Ability to work bending, stooping, standing, sitting, and lying down
- Quality Orientation
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Wall / Car Charger
- Dependable Transportation
- Tape measure
- Impact Drill
- Channel Locks
- Electrical Tools
- Hot stick
- 10' auger (minimum)
- Socket Set
- Smart Mobile Device
- Android Devices: 5.0 Lollipop or higher
- iOS Devices: Version 7 or higher
- Windows Devices: Version 8 or higher
- Geolocation Capable