- Lead the development, implementation and improvement of the plant’s HIRARC’s, and assessment of Environmental Impacts for existing operations and new projects
- Support the internal and external BMS audits and the various EHS tours, inspections and assessments including internal auditing for ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Provide technical (legal, regulatory and EHS First) expertise and interpretations to the organization including sampling and reporting requirements for ongoing operations and new projects
- Drive the EHS CA/PA/Suggestion activities to ensure timely completion of desired outcomes. This includes leading a portion of the activities.
- Collect/analyze and assess trend data to identify issues and opportunities in the EHS arena.
- Develop and deliver training in EHS issues to relevant AASNA employees, including initial orientations, refresher training and EHS program awareness
- Perform 2 Leadership Safety Tours a Week and update LST Boards.
- Participate and lead HIRARC Workshops, closing out 1 HIRARC workshop before end of semester.
- Help drive the EHS 8D Board
- Help manage all contactors in the plant, (ensuring G.W.P. are completed)
- Attend 1 cycle of morning meetings from each APU weekly and submit a report of information collected (Flash Meeting, Management Routine, APU Flash meeting, & Plant Manager Flash Meeting)
- Ensure open items in the Contained Hazards, Leadership Safety Tours & EHS internal audit action items are closed out or in progress
- Learn how to manage the plant’s health programs including participating/conducting investigations for accidents/incidents/near misses
- Conduct Ergonomic assessments
- Conduction EHS and LOTO training during New Hire Orientation
Required competencies, experience and technical skills requirement:
- A Bachelor degree in Health/Safety, Environmental and/or HR related fields or 3-5 years of Health/Safety, Environmental and/or HR related work experience is required.
- The incumbent must have a strong knowledge of federal, state and local legal and regulatory requirements in either OH&S or Environment and at least a working knowledge in the other, with practical understanding of the implementation requirements.
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing setting, preferably with specific knowledge and understanding of robotic welding, automated machining, and ergonomics.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required, with the ability to deliver effective training, and interface at all levels of the organization with special consideration to shop floor personnel
- Certified OSHA 10- and 30-Hour Training
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- First Aid Certified preferred