Website Talent Strategy
Mutually Human is a digital transformation agency that provides a variety of technology based services. We are looking for a full time Data Scientist to join our data team to help consult on various data projects for our clients. We’re looking for someone who is eager to apply their skills to a variety of client applications and is excited to help grow our organization as we continue to expand our analytical capabilities. We believe in building a strong data culture for the organizations we work with and we’re looking for someone to share in that vision. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Responsibilities for Data Scientist
- Work with client stakeholders throughout to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize our client’s customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Implement a variety of machine learning techniques on behalf of our clients.
Qualifications for Data Scientist
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data
- Science or another quantitative field, or can demonstrate relevant industry experience.
- We’re looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop,
- Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using Tableau and Power BI
- Preferred experience utilizing Snowflake, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure for machine learning applications.
- Experience implementing data analytics with custom software applications