Pay: $55,000 – $120,000 (depending on experience)
- Research new technologies to improve production and quality
- Support maintenance and production to minimize machine downtime.
- Support launch activities to ensure machines are designed and built to plant safety standards and machine specifications.
- Maintain and update plant machine controls specifications.
- Setup crib stock for new electrical spare parts for new and current equipment.
- Train the maintenance group on new equipment and technologies
- Participate in the quoting of new equipment to ensure machine standards are followed and that the best possible and cost effective solution is achieved.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities. This includes, but not limited to machine cycle time improvements, improving machine uptime, and Kaizen events.
- Program and troubleshoot AB SLC 500, MicroLogix and CompactLogix, AB PanelView family hardware and software, RS-232, DH-485, DH+, Ethernet communications to processors and HMI
- Have the ability to work with and understand databases and control systems over Ethernet.
- AutoCAD to develop and modify electrical schematics
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineer degree preferred
- Five or more years experience in engineering or manufacturing
- 5 years of related controls experience preferred
- Expertise in assembly processes. Injection Molding a Plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively with people from all levels of employment
- Experience in machine buyoff procedures.
- Experience in electrical troubleshooting on machines. This includes, but not limited to AC/DC circuits, PNP/NPN sensors and devices, networks and communications devices.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics.