Website Talent Strategy
This Content Marketing Strategist job is a full time, permanent job position, which can be worked onsite or a hybrid schedule of three days onsite and two days offsite. You will be responsible for producing engaging content and developing multi-channel content strategies for a variety of digital platforms including web, video, email, and print. This role requires a strong focus on the company’s brand voice and tone, and a strategic understanding of the company’s purpose. This role will manage the voice and oversee brand copywriting for strategic growth channels for acquisition and retention of key customer segments. The ideal candidate is a strong writer who can craft compelling branded marketing pieces, value props, calls to action, go-to-market materials, scripts, ads, and promotions. This role will conceptualize, write, edit, and prioritize content, including website pages, white papers, trends, and insights, and manage content strategies across all channels and for all business lines. This role is focused on creating multiple types of content to generate new customer leads and engage existing customers, driving top-of-mind awareness, and influencing share-of-voice. Portfolio of published work and/or samples of work demonstrating knowledge of storytelling is preferred as part of the interview process.
- The ideal candidate will create engaging content and strategies for growth objectives for both digital platforms including web, video, email, and other print collateral to support key business priorities.
- Partner with team members and department stakeholders to create and capture captivating client stories, standards of service, and business development.
- Support business development functions by creating lead-generating content geared toward enhancing the market eminence of the bank.
- Have a mastery of leveraging brand persona in voice, tone, and messaging to govern style guidelines for the bank, and bringing to life a deep understanding of our clients.
- Work closely with the content team (Social Media Manager/Content Marketing Specialist/Director of Marketing) to strategize, update, and maintain a content calendar.
- Partner with the marketing team to repackage thought leadership pieces into other formats (i.e., email nurturing campaigns, webinar content, performance presentations, etc.)
- Draft website content, sales materials, and collateral to emphasize the company’s story, and illustrate related value prop and impact.
- Ensure thought leadership content aligns with SEO best practices for website branding.
- Enhance content strategy and development by understanding reports and analytics, incorporating market personas for relevant content topics.
- Demonstrated ability to use diplomacy and tact in all communication, demonstrated sound discretion, professional judgement, and business ethics in decision-making.
- Equal parts strategic and tactical, with a proven ability to develop strategic plans and roll up your sleeves to make it happen
- Ensure content adheres to audit, legal and compliance requirements
- Customize communication at scale for target segments and user behaviors through dynamic content and personalized elements.
- Project manage workload, track, and report progress, deliver against deadlines.
- Provide team planning support and copywriting services.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or other related degree.
- 5-7 years content and writing experience, including developing cross-segment and audience-driven content strategies.
- Experience writing for B2B, B2C audiences or in financial services, business, retail, technology, e-commerce a plus.
- Offer the best verbal and written communication skills – everyone comes to you for communication guidance.
- Experience in digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing and web analytics.
- Experience with workflow and production tools: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint, Workfront, and AP style.
- Strong familiarity with SEO best practices.
- Experience in an agency or in-house role within a marketing team.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with marketing, creative, design, and products teams in a fast-paced environment, and juggle multiple projects.
- Ability to take feedback from a wide variety of team members.
- Passionate about storytelling to help grow a brand.
- Sense of pride in presenting well written, on-brand, error-free work.
- Financial knowledge and/or work in the industry is a plus.
- Experience publishing content through CMS platforms.
- Experience working with content provider firms, a plus.
- Sales writing or eCommerce experience is preferred.
- Department hours are Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 CST.
- Ability to work onsite, or a hybrid schedule of three days onsite and two days offsite.
- Salaried job position with full benefits and an annual company bonus.