Website Talent Strategy
Full Job Description
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (AME) is responsible for the development and implementation of equipment and processes related to the manufacture of sprinklers and valves for the fire protection industry. This position will have a major focus on accelerating implementation of advanced manufacturing technology, automation, robotics, AI, digital facility, connected factory as part of advancement towards achieving Industry 4.0 competitiveness.
- Lead the development and/or improvement of manufacturing processes.
- Specify, quote, purchase and runoff capital equipment, tooling, and systems required for automated manufacturing.
- Design, build, and qualify automated assembly equipment.
- Evaluate and estimate production time, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Analyze sprinkler and valve component and assembly product designs for best method of manufacture. Communicate with R&D Engineering counterparts during early phases of product development to achieve product designs capable of manufacturing.
- Understanding of GD&T, datum dimensioning and tolerance stack-ups.
- Manage Manufacturing Engineering projects to scope, on time and within budget requirements.
- Develop and maintain quality process documentation, including Process Flow diagrams, PFMEA's, Standard Work Instructions and Set-up sheets.
- Provide engineering support for plant operation. Troubleshoot daily production problems using root cause analysis methods as they occur. Assess process capability for opportunities for improvement.
- Creates and revise equipment, tooling, and gage drawings.
- Facilitate communication between departments to coordinate engineering activities and ensure business objectives are met.
- Manage product engineering change implementation as they occur.
- Assists with instruction and training of employees to achieve company goals.
- Provide technical direction within the department. Assist with definition and maintenance of departmental procedures and strategic planning.
- Provides guidance for production workers, technicians, and interns.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
- High level of analytical ability. Solid problem-solving skills required.
- 5-10 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3-5 years' experience designing and/or purchasing automated equipment
- Knowledge in CNC machining, Automation, Robotics, cellular assembly, CAD tools, Materials, and LEAN manufacturing concepts.
- Demonstrated strong project management, communication and leadership skills.
- Strong in SolidWorks and AutoCAD